Become an AbilityOne Congressional Champion
AbilityOne® Congressional Champions support the enhancement of opportunities for economic and personal independence of people who are blind or have significant disabilities. AbilityOne Congressional Champions are elected policymakers who have demonstrated support of the AbilityOne Program and associated nonprofit agencies in their district or state through congressional actions.
Are you an AbilityOne Champion?
- Has your congressional office met with an AbilityOne associated nonprofit agency representative in Washington, D.C.?
- Has the member of Congress visited an AbilityOne associated nonprofit agency and met people who are blind producing products or providing services to federal government customers?
- Does your congressional office purchase and use SKILCRAFT® products and other products provided through the AbilityOne Program?
- Has the member of Congress supported the AbilityOne Program through one of the following “on the record” communications?
- Letter of support
- Press conference statement
- Statement of support via social media
- Statement of support in the Congressional Record
- Introduction of the AbilityOne Program to a federal agency
- Sponsorship of legislation supporting the AbilityOne Program
If you have any questions about the criteria to become an AbilityOne Congressional Champion, please contact Rick Webster, NIB vice president, public policy, at 703-310-0365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.