SKILCRAFT Section 508 Assurance
SKILCRAFT Section 508 Assurance services address software, systems, and website accessibility and usability conformance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Section 508 mandates that all electronic and information technology developed, procured, maintained or used by the federal government must be accessible to people with disabilities
To ensure that technology is accessible to all users, the federal government mandated that federal IT initiatives incorporate assistive technologies, which include:
- Screen magnifiers
- Large-key keyboards
- Alternative input devices such as touch-screen displays
- Oversized trackballs and joysticks
- Speech recognition programs
- Text readers
NIB offers three levels of Section 508 Assurance Services
Level 1: Conformance and Usability Assessment
This basic level of service assesses existing client- and web-based applications, websites and electronic documents; identifies deficiencies; and provides recommendations for remediation.
Level 2: Conformance and Usability Assessment with Remediation Project Management
Includes the Level 1 assessment and assists with remediating identified compliance deficiencies.
Level 3: Conformance and Usability System Development
NIB’s most comprehensive solution engages the 508 Assurance team throughout the application development lifecycle to ensure Section 508 conformance and usability standards are integrated at each step in the development process, through final application.
In addition to conducting testing and remediation, NIB can assist with:
- Establishing compliance procedures
- Prioritizing accessibility issues
- Developing training materials
- Training agency personnel
- Incorporating accessibility standards in Electronic Information Technology (EIT) procurements
- Reviewing solicitations and project objectives
- Auditing, reviewing and testing bid submissions
- Reviewing Section 508 exceptions
- Establishing accessibility policies and procedures
Procure SKILCRAFT Services
To procure NIB services, contact the NIB services team at 1-877-438-5963 or email@example.com.